The King's Problem:

The king was sick!!!!The king was worried. The queen was worried. The entire kingdom was worried. The king seemed more worried about the taxing problem of his than the taxes of his state. Finally the businessmen could take it no more and decided to meet the king.

As the king sat looking at the ceiling, his hands unconsciously touching the royal crown, the senior most businessman uttered,"Maharaj, the taxation system of the state needs urgent revision. We are also suffering heavy losses due to the outdated export policy. We request your urgent attention into the matter, Your Highness."


"Hmmmmm." The king seemed to be busy worrying about something, obviously. The businessman cast a glance sideways to the Prime Minister, imploring him to put in a word to the Royal Highness.

"Maharaj, The delegation of businessmen is a worried lot and request your attention, sire." The Prime Minister had decided to take matters a bit seriously now.

"Prime Minister, everyone is worried about their problems. I have mine. I will resolve mine first and then the problems of the state. Right now, I just want to be left alone." The king clapped loudly, twice, indicating the adjournment of the court. The Prime Minister, gestured to the delegation to leave for the moment and indicated that he will handle the situation for them.

After the king had retired to his chamber, the Minister decided to pay him a visit. The king was still staring at the ceiling. The queen was sitting by his side, fanning him. She looked just as worried.

"Maharaj, Can you please confide in me as to what is worrying you?" The Minister implored the king. "Maybe I can find a solution to your problem."

"My dear sir, the problem is this." The king had removed his crown to reveal a balding plate. "The hair seems to be flowing directly from my scalp to the pillow. I am at my wits end. It has taken my confidence levels to new lows. This is my problem. And now can you help me? Can you?"

Continued in The King's Problem: The Cure:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis