Building peace: piece by piece:


As we step into the addictive world of work, we forget the purpose of our stepping into this world. What made us indulge into the world of work and money in the first place? It was the assumption that with more money will come more comforts. And what does the ultimate comfort translate to? Peace? Happiness?

The comfort and happiness granted by money is only imaginary. It stays but only till the next goal. It’s a never ending pursuit to achieve more. And the ironic part is, we fail to realise that peace, is always in abundance. You do not actually need to gain more of it. It’s just about that much. A piece of peace is equal in weight to tonnes and tonnes of it. So why compare comfort with peace at all, in the first place?


But we keep at it. The urge to do better, the urge to do more, is never ending. But ultimately it is more of what? A lot of wealth, a lot of stress and a lot of unhappiness. There are fancy cars and tasteful interior decorations, but what about peace of mind? Nothing.

The best way to build peace, is to let go. Accepting to lose and accepting the fact that winning is not a habit can give you infinite peace. What? Lose? Goes against everything that has ever been taught to us. But that is the truth. Losing brings about infinite peace. Letting go of something that is not yours brings about acceptance.

Building peace is possible. What is needed is a complete dedication to the process. We are so used to hurrying up that we forget the importance of patience. I discovered a simple process to be peaceful. Everytime I got irritated, stressed, angry, I would tell myself.. It's all gonna be alright. Take it easy son. Life isn’t ending today.

With small Lego blocks, I am sure I will find peace. With small steps, I know I will still complete the race. With small breaths, I am sure I will live a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis