Skype: Eulogy

Ooh Skype, I loved you. I loved you for your originality and your fantastic quality video calls. I loved you for being so low on ads and I loved you for what you did best-near perfect audio.

And now after being chased by Google and Yahoo, you end up in Microsoft's arms. Not that I do not like the company that Bill Gates started but why were you so desperate to be sold. You were a phenomenon, Skype.

I know you will survive and you will evolve. But you will no longer be Spiderman. You will be the dark Spiderman. You will be full of ads and you will mean business. You will support issues and you will crash.

But I guess all good things come to an end, huh? Only I can never imagine something as good as you can come to an end (virtually, as in losing your individuality) for a mere 8 billion dollars? Did you realize you broke 8 billion hearts?

But I hope Microsoft takes good care of you. And I hope you still manage to survive for what you stood for-Quality. I hope you still manage to keep lovers' hearts united, friends bonded and siblings loved. For you Skype were one of the most benevolent software of our times.

I hope..I so hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis