Finding peace

How often do I hear,"all I need is peace". Its everywhere. The dialogue seems to have embedded itself on everyone's tongue. Everybody is cribbing about the lack of peace. And at the same time, they are all running away from it. Everytime I hear someone cribbing, I ask them to define peace.


Peace is something that need not be chased, we all have it inside us. When I was a victim of my own teenage angst, I was addicted to this particular song which had lyrics like..."there's a peace inside us all." And for over a year, I never imagined it could be "peace". I always sang it as "theres a beast inside us all". Though both are very much true, it is surprising how I never imagined someone could actually sing about peace. At least you don't expect it from a rock band. And this is exactly how the people searching for "peace" are. Peace is free my friends. Its deep inside us. Hiding behind all our material wishes. Waiting for us to grow really really old when we are free of our material wishes and are finally able to recognize it's worth.

And today I find peace in music. Music makes me feel at peace with the world. The small "weird" little sounds make me feel like I am one with eternity. Peace is easy to find my friends. Only we never want peace. We want cars and money, we need partners and achievements. Even for music we need crystal clear sound. Music is best enjoyed naturally. Peace is best enjoyed naturally.

And so I am "calling out to jah". Bring them peace God. Let them not chase it. Show them the way.

Wish you were here...with me...at peace...all of you..

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis