Sleepless:

Dark indeed is the night,

Not a soul alive in sight,
Except me staring at the fan,
Trying hard, to sleep, if I can.

The window shows me a scary sight,
Dark tree, dark leaves, nothings right,
I stare at the clouds hiding the moon,
And I hope he shines, coming out soon.

Lightless is the night, dark to see,
Sleepless and loneliness, all for me,
I fight to rest, to sleep well,
But again I lose, today as well.

I curse the clock, racing away,
Master of time, its hand a-sway,
I curse myself, fading away,
Into the void, falling astray.

Its 3 am now, I give up,
Another night awake, times almost up,
And then it happens, I slip in,
Forget, rest and sleep within.

I wish, I could be asleep like the tree,
Falling to nothing, nothing to worry,
But cursed I am to the human mind,
To worries, it seems to be a bit kind.

Mornings here; sun, rise and shine,
But I am still on this sleepless wine,
Another day, spent to lethargic plight,
Another hope, tonight I will sleep right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis