The Nerd runner:


For years, I was proud to be part of the ever bludgeoning workforce of India's IT workforce. Computers, software, smart phones made my day seem to have meaning to it. Artificial lights seemed better than the sun, conditioned air was a given and bottled juice supposed to make up for nutrients. I was healthy..at least..I thought so.

It was a recent transfer to a newly opened office in Powai that opened my eyes. Barely able to navigate the steep slope at the entrance, I would need to take breaks to huff and puff before continuing my journey to the office gate. It was then that I noticed what technology addition had done to my health. I had an immune system was in doldrums, lungs seemed to have holes and the body was all more of fat than tissue. It was the day I decided to break away from my belief that the body heals itself. It was the day I realized that God, would help me only if I helped myself. It would be a long journey to get to the top without the huffing and the puffing. But a battle that could be won.

It was time to check out that unknown entity on the floor above. The Gym:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis