Day1:The lone ranger:


As I mustered up the courage to step into this unknown territory, I realised that it was very different that what I had imagined. There were people looking at me as a stranger, an intruder in the forbidden kingdom. There were the intimidating glances, there were the shameful nods and the super replusive vibes. But still I lingred on, found the master of the lands, the Instructor and told him I would be beginning today.

The changing room had more shame for me. I couldnt get myself to expose my loose flabby body to the masses. After an effort to hide as much as I could, tactfully managing the view with my extracted clothes, I was able to emerge. It was time to begin. I had a purpose, I had to run. I had a purpose, I had to stay in-breath while climbing.

After a light warm up, I decided that this was the moment. I approached the dragon, I had to conquer, The Threadmill. After soem struggle with the various buttons and some help from the instructor, my battle had begun. I had to walk...for twenty minutes. 

The first five minutes seemed like fun. But soon fatigue overtook the fun and I was fighting a losing battle against breath. The belt was spinning and I just wasnt walking fast enough. Holding on to the support bar did help a bit but it was a race, a race against time...or rather..with time.

Soon the battle had been won. Slowly but steadily I had survived the first twenty minutes on the treadmill. I was a survivor. It was time to get ready and leave. It was time to live today..to die another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis