Revenge gives meaning to life:

Everyone preaches about forgiveness. From self help books to gurus to teachers, everyone feels that revenge is what causes most of our worldly troubles. Revenge is what causes wars. Revenge is what causes people to ruin their entire lives. Revenge is the worst of our emotions. But is it really the case? Is revenge such a bad thing? We always look at the wars and the destruction but revenge has also been the best main ingredient in bringing out the best in all of us.

Revenge has brought to us some of the best art, science and even the best investments. Revenge has been instrumental in the forging of the Chanakya Neeti, the foremost text on politics. Revenge is actually a very misunderstood emotion. Its easy to ignore it and focus on the love, just like it is easy to ignore the bad and focus on the good. But we all have to face the bad in us to understand importance of the good.



Revenge utilized in the right manner can yield the best results. Yes, it can be a bit stressful but then, it does bring out the best in you. When I run, I think about all the bad things that people have done to me, and I run more, I run faster. Is it bad? I don't think so, because for me it is just motivation. I have seen people who use revenge as a motivation to work harder. A dear friend of mine, worked up a whole successful business just to get back at the system. And he has been highly successful in the system but living his own way. Revenge can be so useful sometimes.

I have some incidences which I have not been able to forget over the years. The taunts I faced when I was looking for a job made me look out more dedicatedly. Every time I decided to give up, some one or the other would remind me of my joblessness and I would fight back. Finally, I did land up a fantastic job, which I never felt the need to leave. Revenge is just wonderful sometimes.

Instead of burning in the fire that vengeance brings, it is much useful to use the fire to to forge weapons. Every emotion is a feeling. Every emotion is a weapon. Use it to sink or use it to fight. Use it to lose, or use it to win. Revenge does have a better purpose than we have known it to have. Use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis