The Lady Fair

Every day, in my sleep,

I see this fair lady weep.

Her eyes worn, her gaze far away,

The gentle breeze making her sway.


Lady, why won’t you talk to me,

Tell me what troubles you see.

That you have to weep so sour,

Why can’t you just sleep when it’s four?



But she comes here every night,

Driving me crazy, shivering with fright.

I wonder how long be sane I can,

Maybe it’s time I just ran.


Lady why won’t you go away,

Why should I be made to pay?

For something I am of no part,

Why lady do u torment my heart?


And so I run, to my mother’s lap,

But mother look, she’s laid her trap.

Do you see her, against the wall?

Fearful eyes on the prettiest doll.


This time Lady, I have made,

A decision my mind so forbade.

I will run and end it all,

This torment will go with my fall.


Peace seems to have come at last,

There Einstein here, but Flash is fast.

There are people who see them others,

Beings, images and ghosts of our fathers.


But lady now you seem alright,

Long time since I gave up the fight.

You are my companion of the night,

Be with me now, wrong or right.

2 comments:

ShareThis