The plea:

“Oh My God, is it true? Has it really happened? Can you really be dead, love? Can it be true that you have left me here? Alone, lonely with no one to care for me? No one to bother about me?

And to think I couldn’t even be by your side when you breathed your last. Did you wait for me, love? Did you try your best to fight against Death as it walked closer to your soul? Did you bargain with Death to keep you alive just for some more moments so you could have a glimpse of me? To breathe your last in my arms?

But, you know what? If I had been here, I would not have let you go. I would have bargained with Death to win you over. And I would have succeeded. I would never have let you leave this world before me, love. Never.

Come back, love. Come back for the sake of the time we spent together. Come back for the memories. Come back for the first time when we met and when time stood still. Come back for all the happiness you have spread in my life. Come back for the reason I found to be alive. Come back, love. Come back for me.

Look around you, Love. Look around you. These people think I am crazy. These people tell me I have to carry on without you. I have to survive because life is a gift and I should not waste it away. Silly fools don’t understand that this life has no meaning without you. It’s like a noun without an adjective. Nothing special. Just mundane. And it has no meaning whatsoever without you. They tell me, I should stop crying. But what they fail to understand, love, is I am not crying at all. Because I know you are here. You can’t have left this place. Not without me. You can’t have left this house in which we set up our home. You can’t have left this air that this house breathes. You can’t have left these walls that make this house, our home. Silly fools, I pity them. They tell me I have lost you. You think that is ever possible, love? We are bound, no?

And you God? You think you can sit up there and take away my love’s life just because it was time? Do you have any idea, what it feels like to be cursed this way? All my life I have prayed to you, talked to you, worshipped you. I have cribbed to you when I have feared my exams. I have hailed you when I have landed up a job. I have never slacked in my duties towards you. For what God? For this day? For you to comfortably order my Love’s life to be pulled away? And you think she will leave me and go? I can see her here now God. Go on and try. Go on God. I challenge you. Go on. I know you will lose. I know you will lose this time.

And if in my entire life, I have been true to you, I have ever done a single good thing to others, then bring my love back to life God. I will be your slave for life, God and even after I am through with this life, I will be there to serve you. But for this once, for this once, do me this favour and bring her back to life. I do not want to hate you God. I do not to be away from you. But please, please bring her back to life.

Oh my God, is that a flutter of her lashes? Can it be true? Oh my God. Oh my God. My love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis